Cataract Surgery-Taking the Fear Out

Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Monday, June 15, 2015

Cataract Surgery-Taking the Fear Out

I am still working full time in Manhattan and noticed my vision was decreasing rapidly. I live in New Jersey and began asking around and doing research as to the best cataract surgeons. The same name kept coming up, Dr. Joel Confino.  I went to see Dr. Confino in his Westfield office for a consultation and learned that I had cataracts.  Dr. Confino and his staff explained that given the underlying good health of my eyes, I qualified for a multifocal lens implant that would allow me to see both distance and read without glasses. I could hardly believe what I was hearing. I have worn glasses for over 60 years and I knew nothing else. They had become part of me.
Dr. Joel Confino, M.D.

I was a little scared, as we are dealing with my eyes. The entire staff put me at ease and treated me like one of their family. Once I had my first eye done, I couldn’t believe the difference in the quality of my vision. Everything was so clear, crisp, colorful and vibrant. I couldn’t wait to have my second eye done two weeks later.

Now I have completed both of my surgeries and I am thrilled. It has helped me excel at my job; daily tasks are much easier without having to look for glasses or try to find my reading glasses. The process from the first examination through both treatments was PAINLESS! I mean it…No Pain.  Now that I am done, I telling all my friends that are still scared to go get checked, GO, it’s nothing.

Thank you to The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Dr. Confino and his team for making me feel young again.

Ted M.

If you or someone you know has a question about cataracts, laser cataract surgery or lens implants, please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.