Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Ellen P. & Cataracts

“Strange as it sounds, developing cataracts at the age of 49 is one of the best things that ever happened to me! As I was also severely near-sighted (-10 prescription), by the time I turned 50 my vision was severely compromised even with correction. Dr. Stahl told me it was time for surgery and promised me it would be life-changing. As luck would have it, just a few weeks before my surgery a new lens, Symfony, was approved for use in the US (after many years of being used in Europe and Canada). Although I was very nervous about trying a new product, Dr. Stahl assured me she had a lot of confidence in it. Because I have so much confidence in her, I decided to go for it. A few days before my surgery, my insurance changed. Since it had to be pre-certified, I was afraid my procedure would have to be rescheduled. Ellen Freeman, the office's amazing surgical scheduler, saved the day, hounding the insurance company and getting my pre-certification pushed through in hours rather than weeks. Thank you, Ellen!!

It is impossible to describe the difference in my vision. For the first time ever in my life, I can see perfectly. I wake up and see the clock without fumbling for my glasses, and drive at night after years of not being able to. The sky is bluer, the grass is greener, and the leaves are more golden than I ever imagined. I am so thankful to Dr. Stahl for giving me my new eyes, and to her wonderful staff for making sure everything went smoothly. I would recommend this surgery, and the Symfony lens, to anyone!”

Ellen P.

If you or someone you know experiences cloudy, blurry vision and difficulty with night driving and faded colors you might wish to learn more about cataracts, laser cataract surgery and lens implants by scheduling a cataract eye exam at The Eye Care & Surgery Center by calling The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visiting The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.