Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Jackie S. Wanted LASIK


Jackie S. shares her experience. “I am a medical technician that requires sharp, clear vision to perform the intricate tasks of my job.  I have been a contact lens wearer since my teenage years and they worked fine.  The practice I am affiliated with has me working late nights once a week. In doing so, I began to notice the discomfort my eyes were experiencing after working a ten to twelve hour shift.  Colleagues also began to mention how red my eyes seemed once midday arrived. I began to consider LASIK as an alternative to contact lenses and my glasses. As a medical professional, I was weary and needed to know everything there was to know about the treatment and the physician that I would allow to perform it. I was evaluated at The Eye Care & Surgery by Dr. Joel Confino. I had heard wonderful things from our own patients about Dr. Confino and our professional paths had crossed previously and I recalled how impressed I was with his skill set and demeanor. The evaluation did NOT qualify me for LASIK due to dryness of my corneas. Dr. Confino suggested an alternative treatment called EBK (Epi-Bowman Keratectomy). He explained that is a surface procedure similar to PRK but with faster healing and more comfortable during healing for the patient. He further explained that he was the only physician in New Jersey currently trained to perform. I of course researched it from top to bottom and decided to move forward. I had my EBK treatment and was back to work the next day and worked every day except one, for the following week. I was in no discomfort, my eyelids just felt very heavy and I wanted to keep them closed. Dr. Confino and his staff had advised that I should plan to be a little compromised with my vision for the first week and to plan my work schedule accordingly. I had done that but then was fine so I asked to work and was fully capable. There was no pain or discomfort during the treatment or during my healing process. This was truly a great experience. I am now 20/20 and contact lens free! I could not be happier or more pleased with my outcome.”- Jackie S.

If you or some you know is tired of the hassle of glasses or contact lenses for seeing at distance and would like to find out if LASIK might be a good vision correction option, please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.