Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Gina’s Cataract Surgery


“I had been diagnosed with cataracts by my optician one year ago.  I knew my vision was failing rapidly but I was determined to find the very best surgeon due to the severity of my vision loss and very high glasses prescription.  I was literally wearing glasses Thicker than Coke bottles with a -18 prescription.  I then set out to find a surgeon and was shocked to find a “mill” of cataract surgery centers!  I was hurried through, presented with forms and bills and rushed along.  One highly recommended surgeon actually told me that he “didn’t have much confidence “that my vision could be corrected! After visiting five more facilities, including two in New York, I was beginning to accept the fact that my vision would continue to deteriorate and that I could no longer drive! Then suddenly I remembered Dr. Joel Confino! My children had gone to him years ago and I figured I’d try one more time! From the moment I entered the office, I knew I had found the right place.  The office staff was professional yet very friendly! They sensed my struggle and assisted me with filling out forms and literally helped me find the waiting area and guided me to the exam rooms.   The best news of all was when Dr. Confino examined my eyes.  He instantly knew the seriousness of the extent of my vision loss.  He examined carefully, thought deeply, and said “I believe we can drastically improve your vision!” At that moment I knew I found a competent, experienced, confident doctor!!!!  We planned and discussed exactly what needed to be done and set up dates for my surgeries!  However, I was still fearful and had a million more questions!  The office staff answered every single one of my questions, no matter how many times I called, even if it was the same question over and over!  Every single person was supportive, professional, serious, yet always friendly and upbeat!  

This continued from my very first appointment throughout my entire journey!  I can now proudly say that i have 20/20 vision! I feel like a true miracle has occurred!!! I can see leaves and flowers and colors and details!  I can drive at night!!! No more thick heavy glasses, no more scratchy contact lenses!  My miracle is Dr. Joel Confino and Team at the Eye Care and Surgical Center! Forever grateful and appreciative, Gina N.” 

If you or some you know is experiencing cataract symptoms such as cloudy foggy vision, glare or difficult night driving and would like to learn more about cataract surgery & lens implants please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.