Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Joanne’s Cataract Story

Dr. Joel Confino

"My whole life I wore glasses, the thick ones everyone dreads. When I got older my eyes were so bad my prescription was -14.00. For people that can’t relate, when I took my contact lenses out, the whole world was gone. To add insult to injury, as I got older my reading went, so now I needed reading glasses! Then nothing was clear, not near or far. I went to my doctor and he told me I had cataracts and referred me to Dr. Confino. I had heard of Dr. Confino because many of my friends or their husbands had gone to him for their cataracts and just raved. When my own doctor said he had his own eyes done by Dr. Confino, I went home and made an appointment.

It took a couple months before they had an opening for me to see him, but he was worth the wait. He was so patient with me, answered all my questions, then sent me to his colleague, Jerette who could not have been more helpful in setting everything up, making sure I stayed organized and keeping me calm. Dr. Confino recommended multifocal lenses for me so that I could see distance and near without glasses. I did not believe that could even exist for me. I had my surgery on my first eye and the next day I drove myself to my post op and could not believe how well I could see and read! It only got better after my second eye. Dr. Confino and his staff gave me a miracle, the vision I always dreamed about.”-Joanne M.

If you or some you know is experiencing cataract symptoms such as cloudy foggy vision, glare or difficult night driving and would like to learn more about cataract surgery & lens implants please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.