Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thomas LASIK Experience


“My fiancĂ©, now husband, and I were planning our wedding. I was picking flowers, photographers and of course, the dress. As I tried on dresses and looked in the mirror all I could see were my glasses.  I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to walk down the aisle and not have to wear them. Since I had been nearsighted and wearing glasses since I was 11 years old I could not picture how that was going to happen. I had tried contact lenses but I could never get the hang of it.  My friends kept telling me to see about Lasik but I was scared and I thought it would be expensive (less than I expected).  How could I think of spending money on LASIK when we had a wedding to pay for. Finally we decided I would just go for the consultation to see if I was a candidate. I looked online, asked people on Facebook and Dr. Confino’s name just kept coming up. I called the office and spoke with his Surgical Director Jerette. She answered all my questions and told me I could finance the procedure if I did in fact qualify. I went for my exam and I qualified. I didn’t want to finance but I knew I could not pay for the treatment all at once so I asked if I could start sending some money to them each month until I had enough in my account to have the procedure. They said yes. I told my bride’s maid about it and they each contributed to my account as my shower gift. In a few months I had enough and was ready.

I had my procedure a month before my wedding and walked down the aisle in my beautiful dress with NO GLASSES. Pictures came out great, honeymoon swimming was awesome because I could actually see, and I am so grateful to Dr. Confino and his team for making our special day even more special.”-Z. Thomas

If you or someone you know is tired of the hassle of glasses or contact lenses for seeing at distance and would like to find out if LASIK might be a good vision correction option, please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.