Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Pam Talks About LASIK

“I wore glasses since I was 3 years old. I was cross eyed I had that corrected at the age of 11. But still had so much more going on I was told I would not have 20/20 vision. I come to except that. Then I heard about Lasik surgery to correct your vision it was the most exciting news I have ever heard. Finally I would be able to get rid of my glasses no more migraines that I would get from the frame pushing down on the bridge of my nose and the back of my ears. I would be able to see everything in front of me without squinting, no more sitting in the front row at the movie theater or in front of the TV. Fast forward to March of last year. I went to The Eye Care & Surgery Center. It was just an annual checkup. At the end of my visit they asked if I was interested in Lasik, I said sure not really wanting to get my hopes up. Came back for the testing to make sure I was a candidate. They are very thorough with all of the test which I think is a good thing. They said it would take a week to let me know the results. I went home not thinking about it, and in two days I got a call, a call that changed everything for me. I was a candidate I was able to have the surgery. Jerette worked very close with me every step of the way, she even helped me get in ASAP, do to my work schedule. Dr. Confino was excellent the surgery wasn't even 30 minutes and the nursing staff was amazing one nurse held my hand the whole time. I thought that was sweet. The next day I was able to see everything. It felt amazing everything was just so vibrant. Recovery was so fast just like they say, come March 2018 it'll be a year after surgery and it has been wonderful.”-Pam

If you or someone you know is tired of the hassle of glasses or contact lenses for seeing at distance and would like to find out if LASIK might be a good vision correction option, please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.