Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Story About Lens Implants for Vision Correction


“On Monday, I had a multifocal lens replacement done on my right eye.  It was amazing on Tuesday morning when I checked my phone and was able to see and text without my glasses!  I hated wearing reading glasses.  I needed them so often – but not constantly – that I had to keep them with me at all times.  So if my phone rang or someone texted me, I would have to first get my glasses before I could see who was calling or texting me.  I would put the glasses on my head and they would either get stuck in my hair and break my hair or I would bend over and they would fall off my head. I was actually looking to have KAMRA done (the equivalent to LASIK but for “reading”).  I thought about it for a long time and decided to have a consultation.  During the consultation with Dr. Confino, I learned that I was not a candidate for KAMRA but that a lens replacement (right eye only) was the way to go.  Also, in that eye, I would never get a cataract and my eyesight would never worsen. Since my lens replacement, I’ve been very happy.  I am able to see without my glasses.  It’s not perfect yet but it’s only a couple days after surgery.  My eye still has swelling and pressure and will take some time to get back to normal.  The procedure was easy and painless.  The worse thing about it is all the eye drops – but that’s a small price to pay – and that will end! I am very happy that I went ahead and did this.  It was the right decision for me!” - RD

If you or some you know would to learn more about Lens Implants for Vision Correction please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.