Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Cataract Story from Mal D

“When I went to see Dr. Confino for the first time I was wearing glasses for distance, glasses for reading, glasses for my computer. I also had a lovely pair that I wore to drive that had distance on top and the bottom so I could see the dash board. My vision was getting worse and I thought I might have the beginning of cataracts like some of my friends. After a thorough examination of my eyes and explanation of my situation by Dr. Confino and his staff, I learned I did not have cataracts yet. I was offered an alternative to my current eye glass situation after complaining how miserable it was to have to always be searching for a pair to take care of the right task. Dr. Confino suggested a clear lens extraction, which as explained to me, was the same as cataract surgery but without the cataract and I would never develop cataracts. He went on to tell me my eyes were healthy enough to have a multifocal lens so I wouldn’t need glasses for reading or far away. I thought he was kidding, could it be true? Done with glasses? I went on to speak with Jerette Lerner who works closely with Dr. Confino. She explained everything to me, what steps I need to take, answered all my questions and held my hand through the process. Fast forward, it has now been several months since my surgery which was painless and I have never been happier or felt more liberated. After struggling with glasses all my life then reading glasses too, I felt young again. My eyes will now see everything as I enjoy all the world has to show me. Thank you Dr. Confino and Jerette for all your amazing help and guidance and to their staff for making the process seamless.”

If you or someone you know experiences cloudy, blurry vision and difficulty with night driving and faded colors you might wish to learn more about cataracts, laser cataract surgery and lens implants by scheduling a cataract eye exam at The Eye Care & Surgery Center by calling The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 908-789-8999, visiting The Eye Care & Surgery Center, Google+ or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.