LASIK Life Changer

Eye Care & Surgery Center NJ Bladeless LASIK Laser Cataract Surgeon Blog

Monday, January 12, 2015

LASIK Life Changer

On June 22, 2014, I suffered an injury to my eye which caused me to have to wear my eye glasses for weeks because I couldn't put my contact lenses in my eyes. Talk about the worst couple of weeks ever.  I have no memory of NOT wearing glasses and I started wearing contact lenses 21 years ago.  My vision is pretty bad so I am 100% dependent on eye glasses / contacts in order to see ANYTHING,  While at the Eye Care & Surgery Center in Iselin for my follow up, I mentioned how frustrated I was at having to wear my glasses and how I was over the entire situation.  The employees there mentioned that a LASIK consultation could be done in their Springfield office and I made the appointment for 2 weeks later, RIGHT THEN AND THERE!  That was the beginning of one of the biggest changes for me.  On my birthday, August 12th, I decided to allow Dr. Confino give me one of the best birthday gifts I'd ever received - the gift of new vision!  That evening I woke up, looked at my clock across the room and saw that the clock CLEARLY said 10:14pm!  BEST DAY OF 2014!!

Today, November 12, 2014 is exactly 3 months after my corrective surgery and I still wake up in the morning thinking I left my contacts in :) - I cannot believe this is real and my vision is now better than 20/20.  Dr. Confino is truly a magician and oddly enough, I'm grateful to have injured my eye that day which caused me to end up at his practice.  

I highly recommend that ANYONE considering vision correction surgery go visit Dr. Confino and his AMAZING staff.  They will literally hold your hand through the procedure, if that's what you want and the patience they have is truly beyond measure.  From meeting with Jerette and shedding a few tears of fear and then later tears of joy, to the blurry walk to laser suite, to sitting up and seeing Dr. Confino, to the painless recovery, this journey has been amazing.  

With infinite thanks and gratitude, 
J. Young

If you or someone you know has a question about Bladeless LASIK or would like to schedule a free LASIK Consultation, please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 800-504-1083, visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center or facebook.com/eyecareandsurgerycenter to schedule an appointment.

The Eye Care & Surgery Center is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is conveniently located for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.